What We Offer
Property tax revenues and provincial transfers aren’t enough to ensure that your municipality has the right amount of money at the right time for things like capital projects. You need additional revenue sources and investment income can be an option. With the right investments, you can reduce the burden on taxpayers and do more for your community.
Benefits of investing with ONE
Municipal investment options have recently expanded – and we cover all of the options to meet your short- and long-term financial needs, regardless of the size of your municipality. Municipalities investing with ONE benefit from professional investment management, competitive returns and the economies of scale that result from investing with others: let us be your investment department.
ONE Investment portfolios allow your municipality to access potentially better risk-adjusted returns over the long term than what is available through a bank. Turnkey investment solutions developed by ONE are fully compliant with legislation that governs municipal investments in Ontario and include:
- Education and financial planning support;
- Advice on creating an Investment Policy that will meet your future cash needs;
- Templates for corporate reports and by-laws to implement prudent investing;
- Investment solutions designed specifically for those needs;
- Joint Investment Board oversight for Prudent Investments, comprised of industry experts to ensure your investment plan is in compliance with your Investment Policy;
- Lower management fees than a third-party, for-profit financial institution combined with the cost of an investment board;
- Flexibility to accommodate your changing needs;
- Liquidity on public market investments; and,
- Professional accounting and reporting of all investment activity.
Do you have questions? Contact a member of the ONE Investment team - we’re here to help.