ONE JOINT INVESTMENT BOARD MEMBER
The ONE Joint Investment Board (ONE JIB) was established by the Founding Municipalities as a Joint Investment Board under section 202 of the Municipal Act, 2001 and in accordance with Part II of Ontario Regulation 438/97 to invest money not required immediately on behalf of each Founding Municipality. Further, the Founding Municipalities welcome Participating Municipalities to participate in ONE JIB.
Each ONE JIB Member shall perform the functions mandated by, and otherwise comply with, the Municipal Act, 2001, Part II of Ontario Regulation 438/97, other applicable legislation including securities legislation and the ONE JIB’s Terms of Reference, Code of Conduct and Procedural By-law.
ONE JIB Members are appointed for a term of up to three years.
- Commitment to the work of ONE Investment.
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of ONE Joint Investment Board Member Competencies.
The ONE JIB Member must:
- Attend regular board meetings and important related meetings.
- Commit to participate actively in the ONE JIB work as required.
- Stay informed about investment matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes, reports and decisions.
- Get to know other ONE JIB members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Be an active participant in annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from ONE Investment’s Management Committee.
- Monitor all ONE JIB policies.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the ONE JIB members, ONE Investment staff and municipal investors to enhance ONE Investment’s mission.
Click here to learn more about this opportunity.
Please email your resume to email@example.com to apply for this position.